Sign Up!







Sign up to be the 1st to access the all new On the Road to Queendom!


* indicates required





Powered by MailChimp












May 24, 2011

Ask Writing Addict




 Dear Writing Addict,

Hello, my name is Destiny, I am from The Bahamas and I have been admiring your blog for the past year and I love the length of your locs! My locs are about shoulder length and lately I've been noticing that they are dry because of the weather; its really, really hot here. I was wanted to ask if there's any tips that you can give me to keep my locs moisturized?
Thank you so much.



 Hi Destiny!

Thank you for the kind words, of course I know what you are going through. I am experiencing it myself. Locs tend to be on the drier side especially since the hair is matted together and very thick. Its not easy to get moisture through the shaft. In order to get it softer, its important to not skip the conditioner step if you have mature locs. Immediately after washing, condition your locs, leave on the hair for at least 15 mins; you can cover with a plastic cap, etc. Then rinse them thoroughly. You do not want any residue left in them. Also, I don't know how long you have been a member of the Queendom but remember, my staple product; the Infusium leave-in conditioner. This also helps a great deal to moisturize your locs, and you do not have to worry about rinsing it out!

Make sure when you are retwising the root (if you do that at all), do not use products which contain alcohol, it dries out your locs. You can click the above tab of my fave products and a list of my favorite conditioners should be listed. Also, you can search for conditioner in the above search bar.

I hope this helps! 

Stay Blessed & Happy Locing!

No comments: