Sign Up!







Sign up to be the 1st to access the all new On the Road to Queendom!


* indicates required





Powered by MailChimp












May 27, 2009

Dr. Bronners Magic Soap "All-One"


Very early on in my teen stage of locing I searched high and low for a shampoo that would thoroughly cleanse my locs, leave a great smell, and feel to them. All the "so-called," organic shampoos left me feeling "blah." That is until that fateful day I ran into, Dr. Bronners Magic Soap "All-One" soap.

What grabbed me was the packaging. It was simple, yet had all kind of positive wording, catch phrases, and mantras on the bottle. It claimed to do everything from cleanse the body, to cleansing the hair, naturally.

So I took it home to try it out. It is a strong shampoo, which comes in 8 different fragrances. You can choose from:
  • Peppermint
  • Eucalyptus
  • Almond
  • Rose
  • Baby Mild
  • Citrus
  • Lavender
  • Tea Tree
I tried the Peppermint. It held its odor firmly for about a week, and I'm pretty sure long thereafter. My scalp felt so good and my locs were squeaky clean! With each fragrance it has a combination of organic extra virgin coconut, olive, jojoba and hemp oils, together with pure essential oils, creates a unique soap that cleans effectively without being aggressive and produces a velvety-lather that leaves the skin and hair silky-smooth and refreshed. You can follow up with one of the conditioning hair rinses.



When locing you should strive to use products which are:
  • Completely Biodegradable and Vegetable-Based
  • Made with Certified Fair Trade and Organic Oils
  • No Synthetic Foaming Agents, Thickeners or Preservatives
Dr. Bronners soaps are sold in natural food markets everywhere!

4 comments:

B said...

Yay! You "approving" this makes me feel better. I use it on my baby locs ALL the time. I find that it is the only product that really "cleans".

msfullroller said...

Dr. Bronner's soaps are the best! I've been using the Lavender one for about 4 months now. Just got the gallon size since I'm also showering with it also.

Toshia "Writing Addict" Shaw said...

Yes, I love this! The soap is so awesome I can't believe more people aren't using this!

Anonymous said...

I agree with "B"... one of my goals for 2010 is to start doing my own hair... My locs are 5 months & I worry about what I should be washing it with. Finding a completely organic product with no sulphates is so important... A lot my research dictates that if you do have a "regular" shampoo, you should water it down before using it... Anyways, thanks! I'm definitely more comfortable investing in a product that's been tried & tested by a loc veteran =).