Sign Up!







Sign up to be the 1st to access the all new On the Road to Queendom!


* indicates required





Powered by MailChimp












Jun 15, 2011

Loc'd Beauty of the Month

 Sonia Uter
Hello, my name is Sonia Uter and I’ve been wearing my hair naturally for seventeen years. I am originally from Rochester, New York. For my studies, I moved to Georgia and majored in fashion and industrial design at Savannah College of Art & Design. Currently, I reside in Brooklyn, N.Y., and work in Manhattan as a childrenswear designer. I love the thrill of extreme sports and have an affinity for snowboarding.


Other interests include biking, skydiving, white water rafting, jet skiing and learning to play acoustic guitar. At present, I am eagerly working on creating my own accessories line.

I was inspired to stop processing my hair about a year after my mom decided to go “natural”. I also realized just how much damage chemicals were doing to my hair. It was then that i proceeded to wear my hair in a variety of hairstyles, such as the curly ‘fro, two strand twists, or pressed out from time to time before deciding to eventually loc my hair. Now my locs have grown abundantly down past my waist. I also became well versed in braiding styles and loc’d styles and would do others hair as a side job when attending college. I eventually became a loctician and braidtician in a shop, and even did micro braid styles on customers. I am happy with the choice I made to wear my hair natural, and hope it inspires others to do the same.




*Taken from Kamoy Magazine online.  Make sure you purchase your copy of Kamoy today!

Stay Blessed & Happy Locing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful! :)

Sensibly_sutpid said...

Peace...Im a new follower 2 ur blog and it is dopetastic! Her locs are beautiful, i have had my locs for 2 1/2 years now. I love seein different types of nautral hair. Please check out my blog when u get a chance www.stupiddopegalaxy.onsugar.com

Andy said...

I at some place started to be considered a loctician and braidtician within a shop, as well as do micro braid designs on customers.
When you have nothing to do or unhappy? What should you do to spend the free time? How about the game? like to get Cheap World Of Warcraft Gold in WOW, and how to have theCheap Gold for WOWwith less money, is there anyway to get the for us? We need to think about this.

Unknown said...

Look who's all grown up.up.Love that look it fits you.Bugger from the roc!