Sign Up!







Sign up to be the 1st to access the all new On the Road to Queendom!


* indicates required





Powered by MailChimp












Oct 22, 2010

A Note From Writing Addict

Hey Queens!

So you know I am always on the run, always busy! So here's the scoop on me:

If you've read my bio, you already know I am on the Executive Board of the Nevada Youth Alliance. A mentoring non-profit for the youth in Las Vegas, which deals with gang prevention, and helping to make the neighborhood safe. So I went to an event on last Saturday we had which was called Imagination Celebration. This private event was a fundraiser where we had a silent art auction, dinner from Tommy Bahamas, and a live Jazz Band. It was truly a great one!  Here I am with an original showgirl, um after I saw this picture honey the next day I went to the gym...smh.




But earlier that day I had my own shindig popping. My organization, Purple W.I.N.G.S was selected by Macy's in the Fashion Show Mall to raise funds, and awareness of our cause by setting up in the store. We passed out flyers for our December event, and let the community know what we are all about! It was great!




Then last night I attended Michael Baisden's 1 Million Mentors Strong Tour at the College of Southern Nevada. This was a great event because it gave me the push I needed to realize why I am starting my non-profit organization in January, and the real needs of the community. They packed that auditorium, I heard some great stories. It solidified that the work my organization is doing is needed and worthwhile. I have always wanted to give back to the community with my own non -profit. I have worked for many years in domestic violence shelters, and various other organizations; but this is my leap of faith, as I have finally taken the plunge. We have our 501 (c)(3) status, and we are building much needed relationships throughout the community. Every morning I rise, I think about the lives that we will touch, the young girls lost. The smiles that I pray that I will be able to see on their little faces.

So I just wanted to keep you in the know. Of course you know my locs are just growing and I am trying very hard to ensure they are in the best shape possible. I can't be too busy to take care of self right? Monday I washed them, and only twisted the bangs. Chile I don't have time to twist all this hair. Plus, I am allowing my scalp to breathe a bit, it don't need to be tightened every time I wash.



I hope you Queens are going after your dreams, and helping others along the way. I know I am. I still have clients that I speak to on a regular basis, I will never stop being a life coach. I don't know how I do it all...oh yes I do, God. Without the comfort of the Universe I would be coo coo for Cocoa Puffs for sure. I love ya'll, keep up your crowns, and don't be good....be amazing!


Stay Blessed & Happy Locing!

No comments: