Sign Up!







Sign up to be the 1st to access the all new On the Road to Queendom!


* indicates required





Powered by MailChimp












Oct 25, 2010

Ask Writing Addict


 

Hi Toshia,
Question please, I have sisterlocks and am concerned about the stress of the re tightening process on my roots as I age (I am 50). I have always LOVED traditional locks but as a compromise with my husband undid my teenage tl's and had sisterlocks installed. I HATE THEM!!!! I would like to combine them into tl's and maintain them by twisting myself. Another drawback of sisterlocks is the associated cost!! $100 or more for 4-6week re tightening sessions vs. retwisting for FREE myself. In your spare time could you please give me some feedback on this. Thank you sooo much. Much Love, Prosperity and SUCCESS to you.

Your biggest fan,
Melinda


 Hi Melinda!

Great to hear from you, but sad that you are having some loc difficulty. So you undid your teen traditional locs and got sisterlocks installed, and now you are displeased? Well, you know you can indeed combine your locs together to make them the size you wish. I understand being nervous about the tightness or tightening against the root. Regardless of age, it is something we all have to be aware of; sisterlocked, traditional, whatever. I know a few women who have transitioned both ways, so its all about preference. I know you must also take your husband into consideration, but do what you feel is right for you. What you feel comfortable in wearing.

Stay Blessed & Happy Locing!

No comments: