Sign Up!







Sign up to be the 1st to access the all new On the Road to Queendom!


* indicates required





Powered by MailChimp












Sep 24, 2009

Black Hair Report

Aron Ranen writes in a comment section on our blog:

Please take a moment to check out my documentary film BLACK HAIR
It is free at YouTube. 6 parts including an update from London, England.
It explores the Korean Take-over of the Black Beauty Supply and Hair biz..
The current situation makes it hard to believe that Madame C.J. Walker once ran the whole thing.
I am not a hater, I am a motivator.
Plus I am a White guy who stumbled upon this, and felt it was so wrong I had to make a film about it.
self-funded film, made from the heart.
Can it be taken back?

-------------------------

Wow what a profound question he asks us, "Can it be taken back?" You know Queens, I saw this documentary a few years back and it made me sad. It made me sad because this is information that I had to hear from someone not of our own race. I mean I appreciate him for stepping up and researching and making a documentary about something as huge about the way we spend our money. But why does it always take someone outside of our own race to bring attention to our problems?

I cannot say if the black hair market can be taken back by us, especially when we have famous black celebrities such as Joy (who openly admits of her addiction to weave), Beyonce who is notorious for her wig wearing, and etc., who black women try and emulate. In my opinion it has gotten out of control. Black women simply do not care where the hair comes from, as long as they can get the look they want? For as less money as possible? They are going to purchase from whoever, wherever they can. With that being said, as a hair blogger it is my duty to inform, enlighten, and wake up our women. Think about it? How many times have you gone into a Korean owned beauty supply store and taken a look around at all of the products primarily aimed at us? Have you thought about the way they rudely speak and treat you when you are there spending your hard earned money? The way they follow you from aisle to aisle? Seriously, this is what we put up with so we can so-called, "look good?"

This is pathetic, at best. I want to thank Aron for reaching out to us. For steadily trying to wake us up about a very big problem were having. I also want to commend you Queens for taking the 1st step in combating this prevalent problem, "Loving yourself!" As long as we are wearing our hair natural, buying natural products, latching. We have no need for their goods. If you do, try and buy black. Think about it!






CNN's Black In America-Black Hair Segment



Stay Blessed & Happy Locing!

No comments: