Sign Up!







Sign up to be the 1st to access the all new On the Road to Queendom!


* indicates required





Powered by MailChimp












Jun 26, 2009

Retwisting Retightning

Uggh...the horror of it all! I hate retwisting my hair, I swear I do. Well I have to this weekend, I have a work related event to go to, and I don't want to show up looking like Bob Marley. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a little thickness at the root; but I don't like the way that I look personally. I just look a little neater with my roots done okay?

With that being said, I tried to use that Lock, twists...this stuff right here...



*Sucking teeth* Umm, this stuff does nothing for my hair seriously it doesn't. I mean within like 1 hour after taking the time to twist it with this stuff my twists were swelling! LOL

So, I had to go back to old faithful, Carol's Dauther Loc Butter. Not only is there no Carols Daughter store around here, but I have to drive downtown which is like 20 mins away just to get a jar. Let me vent that the daggone jar is too small as well! Come on Carol. You mean to tell me that you don't have a bigger jar to put this stuff into?



Some people don't like the loc butter, they say its too greasy, blah blah. But for me its what I have used since like 2004. It gives my hair a great sheen, smell, and hold. So, I am off to do my hair tonight. I know its gonna take me 2 hours, but hell its worth it. After I'm done, I'll put up a post with pics.

The time should go fast, I'll be twisting with some Michael Jackson music in the background :)

2 comments:

Empress D'Cali said...

Personally I love the Carol's Daughter Loc Butter. After experimenting with the Jamaican Mango & Lime and Taliah Waajid products I found that the Carol's Daughter works best for me so far.

Lion-ess said...

I've tried Carol's Daughter Loc Butterand also Taliah Waajid products... I'm still looking for the product for me.

I'm currently using Anita Grant's Lavender & Sandalwood Essential Oil Blend whipped butter. It's really good and my bf loves the smell.

She has different blends from Pink Grapefruit essential oil blend to Lemon Sponge cake. It's non greasy and actually melts.