Sign Up!







Sign up to be the 1st to access the all new On the Road to Queendom!


* indicates required





Powered by MailChimp












Oct 19, 2011

Long Time No Blog...

Queens!

Oh my goodness, it's been forever, right? So much has happened in these few months I haven't been able to blog. I mean for those of you who follow me around the web know I've been on Twitter and on Facebook, but I haven't slowed down enough to blog. Mentally I wasn't there...I know it sounds weird but it takes some focus to just sit down and pour your heart out on a blog. If you are on Twitter and Facebook you know it doesn't take any kind of mental capacity to just write 140 words or less; just look at your page and timeline.

What have I been up to? Well you know I'm deeply enthralled in my non-profit Purple W.I.N.G.S., I had to train around 10 new volunteers, I traveled to NYC to speak at a women's conference about Human Trafficking, and I had emergency mentee's I've had to get back into High School, and find services for. So after doing all of that, dealing with family, still editing for Kamoy Magazine with Loc'd Goddess Nerissa Irving, chile...I had little time to do anything else. Ya'll know I am ADHD so I 'm back in school! LOL

I am going for my DrPH, that is a doctorates in Public Health, I just love healthcare. Therefore, the work that I am doing, I felt I could have a better impact with my doctorates, plus I want to be able to teach on down the road.

So there you have it Queens, what I've been up to. Don't worry I am still rocking the locs, representing us well honey in every situation. Aside from people chasing me down to see if my hair is real, and flat out staring at me like I am a painting, nothing much has happened in the hair department. My hair has grown around 4 inches since my last trim! It is now at little past the top of my buttocks. Here are a few pictures of the hairstyles I've been rocking all summer, and most recently today!

By the way, I am so happy you all are patient and still fans of the blog. I am happy to be of resource, but my sister blogs have been holding it down! Like, Karen's Blog, Naturally Beautiful Hair! I love her and her hair blog. Even I need a lil pick me up by browsing all the beautiful hairstyles from time to time.




Love ya'll and I promise I won't stay gone too long again! 

Stay Blessed & Happy Locing!




8 comments:

Marilie said...

Gorgeous photos and the locs look great! I don't know how you're keeping that schedule together. Super woman! :)

Toshia "Writing Addict" Shaw said...

Marilie I don't either...If I wasn't neurotic before I am now...lawd help me.

Unknown said...

Happy to read up on what has been happening with you. Gosh, I think the word busy is any understatment!
Really lovely photos. And what an inspiration you are, not just in terms of rockin' locs proudly, but professionally as well. Truly a positive sistah!

Up and on!

nappy headed black girl said...

It sounds like you've been a very busy (and productive!) woman in the past few months.

Congratulations on pursuing your PhD, and glad to have you back.

Rockin Robin said...

Many Blessings and congratulations to you! You have been missed. Beautiful pictures.

Toshia "Writing Addict" Shaw said...

Many thanks sista's I will try to update as often as possible. I don't ever want to neglect ya'll! Love you all too much, xxoo

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you! Stop by and check out my updates when you can!
Take Care~

Andy said...

And what an inspiration you are, not just in conditions of rockin' locs proudly
What can we do when we have much free time? How about to play the online games? When we talk about the online game, we have to talk about the WOW Gold? Because the WOW is the world's most famous online game, every one knows that we have to get the Cheap WOW Gold to save money !