Sign Up!







Sign up to be the 1st to access the all new On the Road to Queendom!


* indicates required





Powered by MailChimp












Sep 2, 2010

Just the Way You Are...



This morning while driving to work my fave song came on the radio (it's a lot of women fave song right now), Bruno Mars, Just the Way You Are. This song sums up exactly how we feel here at On the Road to Queendom. Society beats us in the head with images of what they perceive to be beautiful. Especially with the skinny women in the magazines, the straight hair commercials promising more length, volume, and bounce; the breasts that are augemented every hour on the hour, etc., the list could go on and on.

We are not natural hair nazi's here at On the Road to Queendom, we just want you to know you are beautiful just the way you are! Your kinky coils, round nose, full lips, curvy body, and beautiful brown, light, deep, cocoa skin is naturally beautiful.

I remember looking down at my chest after I weaned my daughter from breast feeding; I told my husband that I wanted a breast augmentation to put them back to where they used to be. He looked at me and said, "Why? You look beautiful just the way you are. Why have unnecessary surgery which could put your life in danger and possibly take you away from me and the kids? Just buy one of those miracle thingies and be happy."

I passed his comment off, saying that he just didn't understand. But, he is right. Life happens! We get older, things sag, and curves get fuller. We just have to take care of ourselves the best way we can, the way our God wants us to take care of our temple. More importantly, we have to take care of our internal bodies, our spiritual temples. Once we become beautiful on the inside it will radiate outward.

So this morning, smile! Put a little extra pep in your step, and twist on down the street a little harder. Because I love you, we love you here at On the Road to Queendom just the way you are! This songs' for you!



Stay Blessed & Happy Locing!

No comments: