Sign Up!







Sign up to be the 1st to access the all new On the Road to Queendom!


* indicates required





Powered by MailChimp












Aug 2, 2009

Loc'd Lady in Charge!

Makeup artist Joy Randall. Not only is she able to transform regular women into Goddesses but she is indeed a beautiful Loc'd Queen in Charge. Read on...

How long have you been loc’d, and what made you decide to loc your hair?
About a year or so...The deeper I got into this industry you never have time to get yourself together. Time to relax your hair, roll it, wrap it, sit under a dryer, style it!!! Ugh! That is for the birds!!! No time! But more importantly I'm really into natural foods and wellness, and having natural hair is part of a lifestyle.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a makeup artist? Have you had any professional training?

In cosmetology school around 04'. I always loved make up and was mesmerized by the MAC Cosmetics counter like most of us are when I was young. It came to me naturally,we learned a little in school and I took off with it. the girls used to say "You should work for MAC" and I said " You know what, I should!" lol. I was working at the counter before I even graduated.


What is unique about our (African-American) skin, when it comes to makeup?


Like they say "black don't crack"!! lol! It's true though! I've done make up for 80 year old women before, with barely a wrinkle on there face! We also have the most beautiful eye shapes known to man! And a limitless range in skin tones and undertones. I honestly enjoy doing make up on black women! and I think a lot of makeup artist would agree.

Is there a specific product you prefer to use (as far as makeup is concerned)?

I am not product specific...however most of what I use is MAC, because they have make up for artist verses just the everyday woman. But I also use a lot of Make Up Forever and NARS Cosmetics. But I am open to playing with anything...

Where do you see yourself in 5 years, what would you love to do as part of your long-term goal?

Making my company Flawless Make Up Art an Ultimate resource for makeup artistry in the South, and be able to help other artist to make their freelance businesses full time. I'm also writing a book as well. I would also love to win an Oscar for makeup artistry in a film! and do make up for NY fashion Week....so many, but those are a few.


If there was one celebrity you would love to do their makeup who would it be and why?

Rhianna! She is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the way she models too...she has the type of face that you get a natural high on.

How can someone get into contact with you regarding hiring you for your makeup artistry?

flawlessmakeupart@gmail.com, www.twitter.com/flawlessmakeup, and/or u can hit me up pn facebook or myspace.

Are there any suggestions, or make up tricks you’d like to share with us?

Moisturizer!!! I see so many women who say they have "oily" skin or their skin is dehydrated. Moisturizing is the only way to get that "natural" look. Whether liquid, cream, or powder...think of your skin like a sponge. When its dry, it has little holes in it. You put something over it, it just falls inside the holes...but if you plump it up with water, everything lays more smoothly. So for all you studio fix and bare minerals chicks...its not gonna look natural without that moisturizer under it. I could go on and on...but I'll stop there ;)

Oooh...I'mma step my moisturizer game up hmph...I live by it, but I'm gonna really slather it on now! LOL

Thanks Queen for sharing with us here OTRTQ. You are welcome to stop by anytime!

Stay Blessed & Happy Locing!

No comments: